Major National Partners
Support National Partners
Australian Team Partners
Nominations now open for 2012 FEI Awards
Meg Wade Castlebar Khalahari
2009 Presidents Cup in Abu Dhabi
The FEI is calling for nominations for the 2012 FEI Awards and invited members of the international equetrian community to contribute to this annual celebration of outstanding talent.
For the fourth consecutive year, the search is on for five individuals who have demonstrated remarkable ability and commitment in the following categories:
- Reem Acra Best Athlete, for the athlete (equine or human) or combination that, over the past year, has demonstrated exceptional skill in the arena in any FEI discipline;
- HSBC Rising Star, for a rider aged 14-21 with significant talent and commitment;
- Development, for a development project, individual or organisation demonstrating skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport;
- Against All Odds, for a disabled rider or an individual who has overcome extreme personal difficulties to achieve proficiency in equestrian sport;
- Best Groom, for that important person who works behind the scenes with loyalty, dedication and total respect for the welfare of the horse.
Former Australian winners include Meg Wade who was awarded the Against All Odds accolade in 2011 and Michelle Robson who won Best Groom in 2009 (read more about past winners here).
FEI President HRH Princess Haya commented: “The FEI Awards 2012 will follow London 2012, when the skills of many of our best athletes will be showcased to the world. The FEI Awards gives the global equestrian community the opportunity to acknowledge those individuals who embody the values and characteristics of our sport today and reflect its expansion and diversity. I urge you to visit www.feiawards.org and nominate the individuals you think are worthy of an FEI Award.”
The FEI will inform the winners in September and invite them to the awards ceremony, which will take place in Istanbul (TUR) on 8 November.
Nominations can be made via the dedicated website www.feiawards.org and close on 31 July 2012.