EA Certificate and Coach Education Programs are self paced and self directed. Unlike school there are no timetables, lectures/teaching or formal structure. It is up to the candidate to take ownership and get organised!!
Getting Started....and keeping going!
The Coaching Accreditation course is split into 3 sections
Riding, Horse Management and Coaching.
See the "Pre Requisites"tab to the right for pre course requirements.
To get started:
- Purchase resources from the EA National Office.
- Follow the Step by Step Guide to Coaching
- Work through the learning guide
- identify what do you "need to know" and/or "need to do/practise" (your coach/CE/SSTA will be able to help you with this)
- read the Compulsory Text Books
- use all the resources available to you to gain knowledge including your farrier, vet, coach, dentist , peers, internet, text books, the internet etc
- Find a Coach Educator/SSTA with whom you feel comfortable. It is important that the the Candidate can establish a mentoring relationship with their SSTA and/or Coach Educator.
Use the feedback provided by coach/SSTA/Coach Educator to improve your knowledge and skills
when you have sucessfully completed your assessment slips for each section send them to the National Office
you will then be able to purchase and start on the next section or level if you choose
Training & Assessment
Forms & Documents