Creating our Future
Equestrian Australia (EA) is the peak body for the administration of Equestrian Sport in Australia. The commitment to success is encouraged at every level of the sport and is reflected in world-class results at Olympic level.
To date, Australian Equestrians have won 6 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze medals at the Olympic Games. Our athletes have achieved great victories at peak international Equestrian events and as a result Australia has earned the reputation as an elite Equestrian nation.
A big part of this success is the tireless commitment and excellence shown by our sport’s administrators, coaches, officials, volunteers, owners and our athletes of all ages performing at all levels as well as the importance placed on sportsmanship and the welfare of horses.
‘Creating our Future’ provides a clearly articulated direction for Equestrian Sport within Australia for 2011 and beyond.
It aims to create a unity of purpose for all those involved and helps to position the sport within an increasingly competitive sport and entertainment market. ‘Creating our Future’ builds on the successes of the past and outlines where energy and resources will be targeted into the future.
The following seven strategic priorities are the goals for EA for the next five years.
“Creating our Future” was developed from the concepts and ideals from the 2010 National Forum. These priorities set clear objectives and direction for EA.
1. Create a national, contemporary approach to membership which is attractive to clubs, spectators, supporters, fans and other Equestrian groups
2. Develop a fully integrated National High Performance Pathway from talent identification through to elite competitor
3 Introduce Equestrian as a curriculum option to all Australian schools
4. Package and promote Equestrian Australia’s offering to raise awareness of the sport amongst corporate businesses, primary industry and the general public
5. Stream live feeds of Equestrian Sporting events and results
6. Propose hybrid versions of the sport to grow the spectator and participant base
7. Develop a nationally synchronised multi-sport annual calendar of events which features an iconic event
Download the full strategic priorities booklet EA Strategic Priorities.pdf